Do you want to be part of a local team but have a global impact?
BuroHappold Engineering is an international, integrated engineering consultancy operating in 24 locations worldwide, with over 50 partners and 1,800 staff including some of the worlds leading consulting engineers. For 40 years weve been building our reputation for delivering creative, value led building and city solutions for an ever changing world. Our Warsaw operations have been responsible for some of the most innovative projects in Poland, including Copernicus Science Centre, Q22, Dworzec Wileński Metro Station and the Museum of Modern Art in Wrocław.
Whats the role?
Structural Technicians provide CAD drafting and technician services to the structural engineering team on a wide range of projects using the latest CAD software and 3D modelling packages to accurately illustrate engineering design solutions. You will gain exposure to a wide variety of challenging and exciting projects.
- Drawing/detail production from Engineers sketches and from scratch using architectural drawings and or concepts
- Create 3D models based on architectural underlay
- Take responsibility for drawing issues and daily housekeeping in terms of both digital and hard copy project file storage
- Responsible for ensuring delivery of drawing work to agreed project programmes, whilst meeting commercial targets
- Assist in developing systems and procedures to ensure that the CAD system is used effectively
- Making sure that drawing production follows company standards
What skills do I bring?
- Relevant experience as a Structural Technician
- 3D skills and experience using Revit will be an advantage
- Interest in BIM
- Good English skills, German would an advantage
- Good communication skills, experience in dealing with other employees working as a member in project teams and delivering to external clients
- Confident, proactive character, ability to take the lead in challenging situations with the confidence to question engineers regarding coordination of details
- Good computer and IT skills; use of Microsoft Office software essential
- Experience of working on a one to one basis and in team working situations
- Willingness to learn new skills and software plus attendance of upgrade training according to industry requirements
Whats in it for you?
- Employee benefits such as medical card, sport card and language courses.
- Excellent office location.
- We can offer a stimulating and challenging environment, excellent scope for progression and the opportunity to work on a wide range of outstanding projects across Poland and further afield. With a plethora of high-profile clients, we can offer an interesting range of work and an excellent personal challenge as we support you to develop your career to new heights. Employee benefits such as medical card, sport card and language course.