Do you want to be part of a local team but have a global impact?
BuroHappold Engineering is an international, integrated engineering consultancy operating in 24 locations worldwide, with over 50 partners and 1,800 staff including some of the worlds leading consulting engineers. For 40 years weve been building our reputation for delivering creative, value led building and city solutions for an ever changing world. Our Warsaw operations have been responsible for some of the most innovative projects in Poland, including Copernicus Science Centre, Q22, Dworzec Wileński Metro Station and the Museum of Modern Art in Wrocław.
About the role:
The role will offer the opportunity for you to take ownership of delivering sustainable and innovative design solutions for building services projects led by the Warsaw office. You will have the opportunity to work at the forefront of BIM technology within the industry, utilising advanced computational design software such as Dynamo to push the boundaries of 3D modelling
What will I be doing?
- Input to the projects is likely to be varied but will include the requirement to:
- Drawing/detail production from Engineers sketches and from scratch using architectural drawings and or concepts.
- Take responsibility for drawing issues and daily housekeeping in terms of both digital and hard copy project file storage.
- Responsible for ensuring delivery of drawing work to agreed project programmes, whilst meeting commercial targets.
- Making sure that drawing production follows company standards.
- Checking and approving work of junior team.
- Mentorship of more junior technicians and modellers.
- Developing the BIM capability and the appropriate use of emerging modelling technology (e.g. Dynamo) of the building services team; working with BIM specialists in the office and wider region to help enhance capability;
- Production of diagrams and illustrations for publication of design competitions, aid to conferences and award entries.
- Learning new skills and software plus attendance of upgrade training according to industry requirements.
More about you...
As an experienced building services technician, it is expected that you can demonstrate:
- Significant, relevant industry experience as a Building Services Technician, working on a range of projects.
- Some experience in a design capacity;
- Some experience in an MEP coordination capacity (on site or in the office)
- Confident, proactive character, ability to take the lead in challenging situations with the confidence to question engineers regarding coordination of details.
- Competent leader and mentor for more junior staff.
- 3D skills and experience using Revit MEP.
- Mechanical project experience
- Understanding of drawing detailing and coordination of services
- Fluency in Polish and English
Whats in it for me?
- Work at the forefront of the industry with regard to BIM technology, using advanced parametric modelling and scripting tools to deliver continual enhancement and best practice in our outputs;
- Collaborate with a global community of BIM specialists, in Europe, UK, USA, Middle East and Asia;
- Work in a happy, friendly and sustainable office environment in Warsaw