HCL Technologies is a next-generation global technology company that helps enterprises reimagine their businesses for the digital age. Our technology products, services and engineering are built on four decades of innovation, with a world-renowned management philosophy, a strong culture of invention and risk-taking, and a relentless focus on customer relationships. With a worldwide network of R&D, innovation labs and delivery centers, and 150,000+ ‘Ideapreneurs’ working in 46 countries, HCL serves leading enterprises across key industries, including 250 of the Fortune 500 and 650 of the Global 2000. HCL generated consolidated revenues of USD 9.94 billion for 12 Months Ended 31st March, 2020.
We offer an integrated portfolio of products, solutions, services, and IP through our Mode 1-2-3 strategy built around Digital, IoT, Cloud, Automation, Cybersecurity, Analytics, Infrastructure Management and Engineering Services, amongst others, to help enterprises reimagine their businesses for the digital age.
HCL’s global delivery center in Krakow was established in 2007. It works with several Fortune 500 firms, primarily offering multilingual global technical support. Today, we assist more than 35 customers in 18 different languages.
Responsibilities & Qualifications
- Work in rotational shifts to provide 24/7 monitoring of the IT network data and voice infrastructure.
- Monitor the IT network data and voice Infrastructure with various monitoring and ITSM tools for example (MoogSoft, Netcool, Service Now etc.).
- Analyze, acknowledge & record each & every incident in the ITSM tool & handle the incidents as per their impact.
- Escalation & Notification to the relevant teams & stakeholders to ensure SLA compliance & minimal impact to end customer(s).
- Strict adherence to the specified response & resolution timelines mentioned in SLA. (Resolution includes where level 1 troubleshooting is in NOC scope).
- Coordinate with all the technical teams to assist in providing accurate & timely updates to the internal & external customers till issue resolution.
- Coordinate with the vendors, partners, internal teams & external customers, wherever required for issue resolution.
- Train & absorb the level 1 troubleshooting and other operational tasks from the Network L2/L3 track.
- Assist the team lead in updating the run book and other technical and process documents for benefit of the entire team.
- Escalate any inconsistencies in the monitoring environment with respect to the monitoring tool configuration, alert thresholds, alert message enrichment & false alerts.
- Handover any incomplete tasks, open alerts, and outages to the next shift.
- Router - Cisco
- Switch – Cisco and Arista
- Meraki – Cisco
- WLAN – Cisco
- WLAN Appliance – Cisco and Aruba
- IPAM - Infoblox
- WAN Optimizer - Riverbed
- Packet Shaper - Bluecoat
- Terminal Server - Ion systems
- Load Balancer - F5
- 3-4 Years of University education post High school (B.Sc. or Diploma)
- Preferably 2+ Years of alert monitoring/management experience.
- Should be aware of ITIL’s Incident, Change and Problem management module.
- Should have worked in high pressure work environments and ability to multitask.
- Basic understanding of L1 support, experience of working on Network data and Voice landscape.
- Excellent Verbal and written communication skills in English
- High level of acceptance
- Can drive HCL’s value and its methodology
- ITIL v3 certification
- Basic CCNA certified