Our Nokia Networks business is the world’s specialist in mobile broadband. From the first ever call on GSM, to the first call on LTE, we operate at the forefront of each generation of mobile technology. Our global experts invent the new capabilities our customers need in their networks. We provide the world’s most efficient mobile networks, the intelligence to maximize the value of those networks, and the services to make it all work seamlessly.
Nokia European Software & Engineering Center hires dedicated, enthusiastic and passionate people, who create the largest ITC R&D in Poland. Our facilities in Wroclaw are located in three sites and accommodate one of the biggest test telecommunications labs in Middle and Eastern Europe. Apply and experience the adventure of a lifetime!!!
Come create the technology that helps the world act together
Nokia is committed to innovation and technology leadership across mobile, fixed and cloud networks. Your career here will have a positive impact on people’s lives and will help us build the capabilities needed for a more productive, sustainable, and inclusive world. We challenge ourselves to create an inclusive way of working where we are open to new ideas, empowered to take risks and fearless to bring our authentic selves to work.
The team you’ll be part of
Our Business Group is a leader in wireless mobility networks and associated services. With more than 3.500 patent families essential for 5G we have a strong 5G portfolio and are a front runner in open and virtualized radio access networks (O-RAN and vRAN).
You will join the RAN Business Unit and will enjoy our culture of innovation, openness, discipline, simplicity, accountability, and profit mindset. Your future teams are developing Nokia 3GPP mainstream radio technology products and solutions including cross-technology responsibility (Multi Radio Access Technology). Your unit’s main priorities are flawless execution of System programs including Network Management & Optimization and attached services.
You will work as a member of an international RAN architecture team. Your main responsibilities will be in the definition, analysis and specification of new products and RF related features for Radio Access Networks (RAN) with potential focus areas in EMF and Energy Efficiency.
What you will learn and contribute to
- Analysis of RAN customer features with RF focus with and without integrated beam-forming antenna, depending on the focus areas these might be EMF mitigation features ralated to RF exposure or RF power saving features for Energy Efficiency
- Creation of RF related Feasibility Studies, Technical Analysis document, and feature specifications (CFAM)
- Cooperation with other RAN Architecture and Specification teams, Product Management, Development and Verification, and Standardization teams
- Support of Customer Documentation
- Conduct product EMF exposure assessment studies (possible focus area)
- Collect information about product performances relevant for EMF exposure report (transmitted power, beam patterns…)
- Conduct the EMF exposure according to IEC62232 standard using the EMFVisual modelling tool
- Prepare the RF exposure report to be used for Type Approval
- Manage approval by PdM, archives and maintenance
- Manage and improve EMF modelling tools (possible focus area)
- Mannage EMFVisual modelling tool maintenance and updates (interface with MVG)
- Develop in-house EMF exposure modelling tools (MatLab) for specific requests
- Support EMF feature CFAM and performance testing (possible focus area)
- Review CFAM for new EMF mitigation features
- Provide EMF exposure modelling for E2E field tests performed in relation with Paris OTA or customer trials
- Analyse RAN features for Power Saving in the RF part improving the overall RAN Energy Efficiency (possible focus area)
- Support product standards improvements for both EMF and RF power saving (possible focus area)
- Contribute to EMF exposure assessment standards (IEC62232, ITU-T K.100) updates
- Contribute to power consumption standards (ETSI ES202706-1, ES203228, ATIS STEP TEE) updates
- Represent Nokia in ETSI EE EEPS working group sessions about power consumption measurements
- Interact with Nokia team conducting product power consumption measurements to ensure alignment of standards and internal processes
- Contribute to EMF mitigation teamwork and process improvement to address customer needs. (possible focus area)
Your skills and experience
- Master’s Degree or higher in Electrical Engineering, Computer Science, Mathematics, or Information Management Science
- 3-5 year experience in mobile technology engineering (architecture, specification, performance testing)
- Good understanding of RF basics, radio propagation, antenna beam patterns,
- Background in RF testing, EMF field measurements and modelling, or radio performance counters is a benefit
- Technical knowledge in at least some of these areas: RF technology, 5G , LTE, SRAN, RRM, radio, MANO & SON…
- Good working experience in IT tools (XL, VBA, Python, Matlab, script-writing etc).
- Good knowledge of portfolio management and R&D processes
- Good sense of networking with multiple stakeholders (internally and externally)
- Hands-on approach to problem solving
- Good communication skills (didactic presentations of complex technical case studies)
What we offer
Nokia offers flexible and hybrid working schemes, continuous learning opportunities, well-being programs to support you mentally and physically, opportunities to join and get supported by employee resource groups, mentoring programs and highly diverse teams with an inclusive culture where people thrive and are empowered.
Nokia is committed to inclusion and is an equal opportunity employer
Nokia has received the following recognitions for its commitment to inclusion & equality:
- One of the World’s Most Ethical Companies by Ethisphere
- Gender-Equality Index by Bloomberg
- Workplace Pride Global Benchmark
- LGBT+ equality & best place to work by HRC Foundation
At Nokia, we act inclusively and respect the uniqueness of people.
Nokia’s employment decisions are made regardless of race, color, national or ethnic origin, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, marital status, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
We are committed to a culture of inclusion built upon our core value of respect.
Join us and be part of a company where you will feel included and empowered to succeed.
Ekspert ds. Nadzoru Sieci LTE
PGE Systemy S.A.
Lokalizacja: mazowieckie / Warszawa
Do głównych zadań osoby zatrudnionej należeć będzie : Stworzenie specyfikacji wymagań dla systemów Centrum Nadzoru Sieci LTE450 (NOC) Opracowanie, we współpracy z innymi obszarami kompetencyjnymi, procedur obowiązujących w NOC, które regulują zasady...
Starszy Specjalista ds. Urządzeń Końcowych LTE
PGE Systemy S.A.
Lokalizacja: mazowieckie / Warszawa
Do głównych zadań osoby zatrudnionej należeć będzie: Opracowywanie specyfikacji wymagań na parametry i funkcjonalności Urządzeń Końcowych pracujących w sieci LTE450 (Telefony, Routery, Modemy, itp.) Tworzenie procedur oraz wykonywanie testów...